Monday, May 24, 2010

The Grass is Always Greener...


It never fails, when I get to a spot in my life where I don't think anything is going my way...
Where I feel like I'm being punished....
Like things could be better if only....
Like God isn't hearing my prayers....

He speaks into my life and He show's me that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Today was one of those days.
Satan had me in a tizzy this morning!  
He did!  
My brain was just a swirling with doubt and self-pity and anger.

"No one has a clue what it is I'm going through!" I mumbled to myself several times.

Problems...

Then I talked with a friend.  Not about my issues.  
But of a little girl she knows who, at the tender age of 13, is facing insurmountable obstacles in her life.
A child that is about to have a child.
A baby, carrying a baby under circumstances so devastating they are unmentionable...
Problems?
What problems?

And I'll be honest, for a brief moment in that discussion, my hard heart actually thought...
"Yes, but despite the severity of her situation, she's young...she has her whole life to experience the redeeming love of Jesus!  And I have, but I don't feel Him right here and right now!"

I looked up pictures of grass and this one was first...

It so accurately portrays my skewed vision in my earlier thought process.
Yes, the grass is greener on the one side, as if I'm standing in the barren pasture, but if I look closely even on the pristine side there is a storm brewing.

God's been telling me to trust Him lately.  More so than He has ever before.
And I'm finding in these coming days, trust won't come easy, but He is there, even when I least expect it.

My woes seem a many, until compared to the plight of someone truly in need.
And again, God is there, giving me wisdom and direction through what I think I can't handle.

I envision Him walking in front of me.
Holding my hand.
Looking back every so often to reassure me He won't lead me astray.
We're in the wilderness and He is clearing my path.
I get glimpses of light through the brush and that's when a branch swings back in my direction.
Only to be caught by my Savior's scarred hand and again He looks back at me and smiles.

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday. 
~Psalm 37: 3-6 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”
~ Psalm 91

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fear of man lays a snare,
but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.
~Proverbs 29:25
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. 
~Isaiah 26:3-4

Dear Jesus,
Oh Lord, so often I beg of a different life.  I wallow in what seem like struggles and I dream of that greener grass.  I'm so forgetful to the fact that you are the Author and Creator of my life, Dear God, and I own you nothing less than thanksgiving and praise for all that I have.  Forgive me for extending instead my complaints and resentment, Lord.  Please correct my heart so that it is aligned to Yours in all things.  
Bless me with confidence and strength to be thankful for even the things my human heart considers weighty and trying.  And please, Lord, teach me to understand that You do have my best at heart.
Precious Jesus, I trust you. 
And I love you.
Amen.
What are you facing today that seems too big?
Is it too big for God?
I encourage you to know that it is not.  
What may seem life altering to us...
The things that rock our faith the most...
Are tiny in the hands of Jesus.

So join me in placing our issues there.
Where He can handle them accordingly.

Trust.



Blessings,


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for pouring your heart out and for your honesty! Be blessed, my friend. God dwells in our emptiness.....that is when he speaks, he moves, and he fills us! May He speak to you, move in you and fill you with more of Him today and in the days to come!

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing! I shared it with my readers on my FB fan page. Have a good one!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

amariaf2000 said...

That's a great post! I remember someone once telling me (although I can't remember who), there are always people who have it better than I and there are always people who have it much worse! I try to remember that when I'm having a "greener on the other side" moment.
Luv ya!!
angela @ peonypatch

Goat Gal said...

That poor little girl.

I have had those times where I am caught up in the lie that no one understands and I am alone in my frustration and anger. Gos is always with us. Even when we can't see Him.