Sorry, I've been MIA the last couple of days. I had (and still have) several posts in store for the first few days of the new year, but as fate would have it, the entire Mayhorn clan came down with the stomach flu. We're starting to feel a bit normal again and are well on our way to a full recovery, but it's been a rough week to say the very least.
Here's a few things I learned from the process...
(by the way, if you hate the words vomit, puke, regurgitation, hurl or diarrhea...then stop reading now!)
1) First and foremost...I learned that it is within my being to NOT throw up when my daughter pukes all over me. I wasn't so sure at first. And it was a test. I was pushed to the very limits of my strength, but I succeeded.
2) Dogs don't mind being hurled on or help in the clean up. Gross, I know. But God love her that she loves my girl that much.
3) Stomach bug + milk and your child = really, really, really, really, really, really BAD in all ways, shapes and forms.
4) First of the year weight loss goals have officially been achieved.
5) And I have kicked my caffeine habit too seeing as all I could stomach was ginger ale and chicken broth.
6) Like a really stinky perfume spray from the Macy's cosmetics aisle, so too is the smell of milk vomit stuck in my nostrils.
7) From #5...it's stuck in my carpet as well.
8) From #5 (and 6)...it's stuck in my dog's fur also.
9) My house looks like I have housed desperate, ravaged, and hungry refugees, only our diet of saltines and pedialite made them trash the place in search of more sustenance.
10) I never want to see my laundry room again.
Praying you all stay well this icky-sicky season.