Friday, January 8, 2010

I AM

In case there was ever any doubt...

I AM a morning stretch
I AM poofy cloud shapes
I AM waves breaking on the sand
I AM puppy kisses
I AM sun beams flickering off water
I AM a child's laugh
I AM a mother's touch
I AM a blade of grass
I AM a cool summer night
I AM a little girl's curls
I AM the smell of a newborn baby
I AM leaves turning in the Fall
I AM the melody of children playing
I AM the fragrance of honeysuckle
I AM the warmth on a cold night
I AM a grandmother's weathered hands
I AM a mother's embrace
I AM creative spark
I AM leaves crunching under your feet
I AM sand between your toes
I AM a soldier's courage
I AM a tear
I AM intertwined hands
I AM an artist's strokes
I AM baby chick fuzzy fur
I AM a father's strength
I AM a grandpa's wisdom
I AM that quiet whisper
I AM a smile from a stranger
I AM a hug
I AM fingers gliding across a piano
I AM a mother's womb
I AM a raindrop
I AM a fresh summer tomato
I AM a helping hand
I AM love
I AM comfort
I AM forever
and I AM always
I AM all these things and more
I AM God

If there were ever any doubt...
God is everywhere and His fingerprint is in everything.
Seek Him and there He will be.  Trust Him and He will far exceed your expectations.  Follow Him and He will be your steady compass.  Love Him, He already loves you.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
~ Psalm 46:10 




2 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

That is a beautiful poem. It touches my heart and really makes me think...
Holly

ClassiclyAmber said...

Makes me think of that Mark Schulz song. =-D