Monday, January 26, 2009

Orecchiette with Roasted Broccoli & Walnuts....Sort of

foodI decided to glam it up a bit this evening with a recipe from February's issue of Real Simple.   Of course I didn't have all the ingredients so I tweeked it just a bit, but it still turned out super yummy!!


I've attached the original recipe if you'd like to go by that.  But then I've added my changes in Red. 


Bon Appetite!


 Orecchiette with Roasted Broccoli and Walnuts

















12 ounces orecchiette or some other short pasta (3 cups) (I used Whole Grain Rotini)
1 bunch broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into small florets
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (I used chopped pecans)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Kosher salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce) (I used shredded)


At the end when I mixed it all together, I also added real bits of bacon (1 small bag) and a couple of handfuls of Craisins!

Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.

Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli, walnuts, oil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.


Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. (Add more water if the pasta seems dry.) Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.

3 comments:

limeandlemon said...

Looks real tasty .. Laila . http://limeandlemon.wordpress.com

Christie said...

That looks wonderful!

Amber Davis said...

Wowza! That DOES look yummified!