Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Snow


We woke up this morning to a beautiful scene....

The season's and my daughter's very first snow.

Having lived in Charlotte for so long, it's been a while since we've seen anything remotely Winter Wonderlandish, but today nature has blessed us with it's fluffy cover of white.

Even as an adult, I get these feelings of flutter when I see snow fall. It takes me back to more simple days when snow meant no school and sleding down some gigantic Fallon Park hill. Those were the days.

But today my heart felt something similar, though totally different, as I watched my daughter's reaction to the scenery. She was in complete amazement and uttered these gasps of excitement. She's now learned to point, so she did a lot of pointing, too. Her little eyes mezmerized by all the white. Oh how I would love to be inside her little brain to see what she was actually thinking.

This first snow makes me so proud to be a mom and only makes me ponder and enjoy the thoughts of how many firsts I get to be a part of and how many little looks of wonderment I get to set my own gaze upon.

What an awesome gift!

2 comments:

Jonathan Mayhorn said...

I would have liked to see her little face too. It is amazing to watch her discover new things.

Amber Davis said...

That is SO sweet! Don't ya just love being a mom?
I loved enjoying the snow through my kids' eyes, too. This was really Gianna's first time being out in it. Fun times!