Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Fun Socks



For today's Things I Love Thursday, I'm reminded of the simple things in life.  Things that have no real significant value, but just make a girl feel good.  For more on what others love head on over to The Diaper Diaries to chime in.  She's hosting a super rad give-a-way as well~ something that will surely make it to the top of your "Things you Love" list!

My friend Angela over at Angela's Peony Patch wrote earlier this week about having "Her Purple Book" chucked full of things she loves.  See her post HERE!  Though I may not have an actual book, it really inspired me to just pay attention to the little things in life that just make me smile.  This list can hold your sentimental memories, your favorite foods, meaningful quotes and even some silly things as well.

Silly things like:

FUN SOCKS!!



I've made a vow to wear fun socks all Fall/Winter.  How fun is that!?!  You know how people say if a woman has matching undies/bras it makes them feel sexy?   Well fun socks are my matching undergarments, since I don't actually own any matching undies sets.  They don't necessarily make me feel sexy, but they do make me feel fun, carefree, and childlike.  Even if no one ever sees them, I know that I'm wearing buzzing flies, or Carebears, or Felix the Cat on my feet and it not only puts a little pop in my step, it makes me chuckle, too.

So since Angela posted her list, here's a few more things that go in my own proverbial "Purple Book" as well:

Emma's Laugh
Jon's touch
The song, "Cocomo"
The smell of Brut
Hot tea with Honey
Sweaters fresh out of the dryer
The smell of Fall
The perfect pairing of a favorite wine with a favorite meal
My puppy's kisses
Holding my Momma's hand

My list could go on and on, but you see my point.  All of these things are so simple, but bring infinite amounts of joy to my life.  In a world where we are constantly bombarded by the wrongs and the imperfections and the disappointment, focusing on such small things can be good for the heart.  These things seize a part of your spirit that reminds you to not get caught up in all the complexity of life and take a load off every once in a while.

And that's a pretty special feeling to have these days.

 


2 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Arrruuba, Jamaice Ooh I wanna take you to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama!!
haha!!
Thanks for that! I heard this song today and was immediately happy. :-)
Loved your post and SO true. It is the little things!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I totally wear crazy socks with my boots. It just makes me happy knowing they're under there!