I was told when I had my daughter that she would most definitely be a daddy’s girl. I was also told she would say dada long before she uttered the word mama. I had a hard time believing that, of course. She and I would be two peas in a pod, there was no way that I would be second best when her dad was around.

I was wrong.

Emma is a daddy’s girl and when he is here, I barely exist unless it’s time to feed her. She has also started saying, “Dadadada”. I don’t know if she knows what it means, but she is definitely saying it. But, this is ok. Because I’ve figured something out (at least I’d like to think so)!

You see, daddy’s are the weak link. They give in to all that is precious, thus they give into their little girl’s every wish. Ever heard of, “she has him wrapped around her little finger”? Anyway, babies know this so they sucker punch by being cute and batting those eyes while saying their little dadadadadas. That makes for instant daddy mush and baby girl can get away with murder!

So, I’m ok with the daddy’s girl stuff and the dadadadas because it’s simply my daughter using the art of manipulation.

Or at least that’s what I’ll keep telling myself….