Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wordful Wednesdays: Whatcha Reading?



Emma's Quiet Time

Here is Emma reading her Bible.

I think it is so amazing that without any prompting whatsoever, my 16 month old daughter walked over to her book nook today, grabbed her story book Bible and proceeded to sit down in her chair and look at it.

There's no doubt that that was the first book she was drawn to because we read from it last night before bedtime. But watching her made me think how I too need to have the heart of a child when it comes to God.

Emma loves looking at the pictures which in her Bible translate God's Word. In the same way, I need to be excited about the stories told and lessons learned when I read and am engaged in Christ's message.

Too often life gets in the way and I don't take time to be still and listen to what God has to say to me, through prayer and/or Scripture. Yet I am the only one suffering the consequences of not living in relation to Him.

How amazing that I can find motivation and example through a toddler.

I think it is pretty awesome of my Almighty to have provided me with such a beautiful reminder to immerse myself in Him through my daughter.

For more Wordful Wednesdays head on over to Seven Clown Circus to check out other Pics and the stories that go along with them!



4 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

What a great post! I love it! Thanks for this wonderful reminder!

blueviolet said...

That's very cute and the way that her little feet are crossed is really cute.

Yes, we should take a lesson from her!

Christie said...

Hey Honey!

You inspired me after our phone conversation yesterday! I love you and praise God that He has kept us together all these years as we grow as wives, mothers, and sisters in Christ!

I love you, Jon and Emma! ~ ie

ClassiclyAmber said...

I think it's such a beautiful thing that you are actually pausing and allowing to see/hear God through your own baby! What you said was so true, and I appreciate the cute 'n gentle reminder myself! =-)