Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Making sense....

Have you ever read or heard something over and over that totally goes over your head?  Then out of no where  it clicks one day ~ only when you are in position that you REALLY pay attention, when you really listen.  It isn't worded any different, it isn't presented to you in anyway other then the way it always has been.  But because your heart and mind are in a special place at that particular moment, whatever it is finally makes all the sense in the world.

That's how it was for me today with this verse of Scripture.

Hebrews 12:2 (New International Version)
2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

How many times have I as a Christ follower been humbled by the fact that Jesus died on the cross for my sins?

But today, because God opened my eyes, I saw "who for the Joy set before him endured the cross". 

I am that joy.

Who for the "relationship and salvation and love of Kelli, the sinner" that was set before Him (all of my junk placed upon Him) He endured the cross.  Even as agonizing as the pain of my sin (the entire world's sin) was for Him to bare, He did it for the "joy" He faced with us as His children.

Wow.  That's not just humbling.  It will bring you to your knees.  As it did me.

I'm glad it finally clicked.

No comments: