Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Yarn Along...

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here. I would love for you to join me every Wednesday to share a single photo of what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too!~


I'm still working on the same diaper cover from last week.  It's coming along nicely, though I'm getting bored with the last little stretch of knit, purl, knit, purl.  I thought maybe it would be too big, but now I do believe it will work out perfectly.

I did start working on a project that has been a year in the making.  The white egg looking thing is actually going to be the fluffy unicorn from Despicable Me.  I started it last year for my youngest daughter's birthday and hopefully I'll actually have it finished for her this year.  I've got a few more days to get it done.

In other wooly news, I scored a LlamaJama 100% Wool diaper cover for free from a buy sell or trade site.  WooHoo!  I was super excited except for the fact that it was HOT PINK!  Yesterday I set out to dye it green all while praying I didn't ruin it completely.  I did use regular fabric dye.  Which left me feeling less than stellar what with all the natural dying I read about, but that is truly an art form (with science mixed in).  For my first experience I decided to go the easy route.  Also I was working with a very rich existing color.  Had it been a natural color I feel like I could have experimented a little more.  It felted just a tad, but it actually didn't draw up as much as it could have.  It'll be a great cover for when my boy is a bit older and the color turned out great!  Overall, I'm very pleased with it.


Reading has pretty much been a no go this week.  As soon as my head hits the pillow each night I'm out.  Such is the song of the third trimester!  Which I am at.  But I can assure you from this point on, any reading that does happen will very likely be birth related.  


I'm sharing with Ginny over at Small Things for her weekly Yarn Along.  I do hope you'll join me!!


1 comment:

Lisa @ things here lately... said...

Kelli, I'm so glad to meet you through your blog today! Your little diaper cover...oh, so cute! I didn't learn how to knit until after my 3 kids were a little older. I so wish I could have knit for them as babies! Sending love and prayers as you get through your last trimester! :)